thatcher farms whole milk gallon
Thatcher Farm is located on the edge of the Thatcher Plains, on part of land granted in 1689 to Milton's first resident minister, Rev Peter Thatcher. In the 1880's, the Manning's settled on Thacher Street. They and all their neighbors had a "family cow." By 1891, the neighbors had jobs that conflicted with a twice per day milking, so they sold their cow and purchased their milk from a Thatcher Farm horse drawn wagon. The advent of pasteurization in the 1920's brought the total demise of the family cow and the beginning of the family milkman and home delivery service from a truck.
Today, Thatcher Farm milk is processed and bottled by the Hatch Family in North Haverhill, New Hampshire.